AICP Outstanding Student Award
The AICP Outstanding Student Awards recognizes outstanding attainment in the study of planning by students graduating from Planning Accreditation Board–accredited planning programs (one at the undergraduate level and one at the graduate level, if applicable) during the academic year of the award. Each respective planning program convenes a jury to make the selection(s) and schedules the award presentation(s) at their respective school(s)
2013 AICP Outstanding Student Awards
Procedure and Schedule
2013 Submission Window: March 1-May 15, 2013
Eligibility and Criteria
ELIGIBILITY: Self-nominations are not accepted for this award
CRITERIA: The department head and other colleagues of each PAB-accredited planning program determines its own criteria which may include, but not be limited to, academic achievement, leadership, commitment to planning as a career, and community service.
To accommodate a wide range of individual university award programs, there will be two primary shipping periods. Please review this schedule and allow time for personalizing with student name and school at your end.
Certificate Shipment Schedule
- Request received March 1-31: Certificates ship by April 5
- Request received April 1-26: Certificates ship on April 26
- Request received April 26–May 15: Certificates ship by May 15
Letter of Nomination
The formal letter of nomination must be on university, college, or school stationary signed by the Program Chair, Department Head, or Awards Committee Chair. It must include a description of why this student was chosen for recognition.
Include in the e-mail message:
- Name of Student
- Academic Level (graduate or undergraduate) and graduation date/year
- Name of individual and mailing address to which the certificate should be mailed; phone number; e-mail address. [NOTE: Certificates must be personalized by each school; they should not be sent to the student.]
- Date of Award Program
- Special Handling Requirements: If timing of your event requires express delivery, please provide appropriate street address and FedEx or UPS account number to charge
To submit your nomination for the AICP Outstanding Student Award, please follow the instructions below:
- Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Write in the subject line: 2013 AICP Outstanding Student Award — [school name]
- Include required additional information (listed above) in message screen
- Scan letter and attach to message
E-mail Susan Turner at email@example.com.