Request for Proposals
Re-Image Master Plan
Beau Chene Homeowners Association Inc
Submittal Deadline: 06/28/2013
Re-Image Master Plan for Established Community in St. Tammany Parish, Louisiana
The Board of Directors of the Beau Chene Homeowners Association is seeking proposals to embark on a master plan to update the aesthetic look and feel of the community. After nearly 40 years of build-out, the community has reached a level of maturity where the leadership has determined it is time to take a fresh look at the “personality” of the community, as repairs and replacements to existing assets are becoming necessary.
Community Background and Information
Beau Chêne is a private, gated community of over 1,500 homes (approximate population 4,500) in the New Orleans Metropolitan Area, just outside the City of Mandeville north of New Orleans/Metairie/Jefferson Parish via the 24-mile Causeway Bridge across Lake Pontchartrain. Beau Chêne is built around 36 holes of golf courses, the Beau Chene Country Club, an indoor/outdoor tennis facility and two swimming pools. Additionally, the Beau Chêne marina has 140 boat slips. The community is accessed by three entrances, all with guard stations.
Beau Chêne was established in 1974. There are now 355 condominiums/boathouses/townhomes, over 1,170 single-family homes, and under 40 vacant lots. Homes are of varying architecture, style, size and age and price point.
Beau Chêne's biggest asset is its people, who make it a wonderful place to live. The community is managed by an eleven member Board of Directors elected by the members of the Homeowners Association. The Country Club is privately owned, and membership is optional to all community residents.
More information can be found on the Beau Chene Homeowners Association website at http://www.beauchenehomeowners.org/
Scope of project
• Assess existing community architecture, feel and personality;
• Solicit input from residents as to desirable personality of Beau Chene. Community participation is critical to success and implementation;
• Recommend enhancements and/or redesign of three entrances, including:
o Guard Houses
• Recommend enhancements and/or redesign of:
o Street Signs
o Safety/Reflective Posts
Your RPF must include
• Your proposed process for the project
• How you will engage the community
• Estimated budget for the project including your fee
• Experience and credentials of the team for this project
• References from clients with similar projects
• Report defining existing community personality and desired personality;
• Actionable recommendations as to how we can translate the desired personality through physical changes to the community;
• Actionable recommendations as to how we can enhance our sense of community;
• Graphic representation/blue prints of all relevant physical changes to all physical structures including guard houses, entrances, signage, and landscaping.
Soliciting bids from teams including (some or all):
• Landscape Architects
• Urban planners
• Image consultants / Graphic Artists
5 Original Copies of Proposal Due in BCHOA Office no later than 4 pm on June 28, 2013.
Beau Chêne Homeowners Association
105 Beau Chêne Blvd., Suite 100, Mandeville, LA 70471-1787
Phone: (985) 845-3565 Fax: (985) 845-3527
Questions can be directed to Scott Day via email at email@example.com or phone at (504) 481-7556
REVISED as of 05/10/2013