Request for Qualifications
Comprehensive Plan Update Facilitated Discussions
City of Blue Ash
Blue Ash, OH
Submittal Deadline: 11/15/2013
Blue Ash Information/Preference Meetings
November 4, 2013
The City of Blue Ash is seeking professional assistance to conduct a series of four or five facilitated discussions (SWOT or similar) to gather information from various focus groups in advance of further efforts in updating the City’s Comprehensive Plan. The consultant will work with City Staff to records and understand the results of the discussions throughout the process.
The focus groups may include:
• Residents and the general public
• City Council
• City staff
• City Board and Commission members
• Staff of affiliated agencies
• Community groups
• Professionals in real estate development, management, finance, and sales and other associated professions
• Blue Ash business representatives
This is one element of the Compressive Planning process. The remainder of the process will rely in part on the results of this exercise. The selected consultant will work with City staff to refine the process and timing of the discussions to ensure success.
The consultant will be expected to be familiar with documents (provided by the City) that may be pertinent to the discussions, including:
• 2003 Comprehensive Plan
• Bike Path and Walkway Program (2004)
• Blue Ash Town Center, Concept Redevelopment Plan (2005)
• Downtown Streetscape Master Plan (2007)
• Reed Hartman/Plainfield Road Corridor, Long Term Study (2007)
• The Demand for Housing in Blue Ash (2009)
• Priority-Based Budgeting (2010)
• Resident Satisfaction Surveys (2002), (2008), (2010)
The 2003 Comprehensive Plan is available in .pdf format on the City’s website: http://www.blueashadvance.com/files/uploaded/BA_Master_Plan_2003.pdf
The Comprehensive Plan
The Comprehensive Plan was last updated in 2003 and is used as a guide by the City as it makes periodic decisions related to both private and public growth and development. This is a regular update without any other specific impetus. As with any community that cares about its future, Blue Ash hopes to evaluate its past and plan for its future in the context of past and current practices and with a good understanding of the preferences of its constituents.
The Proposal should include the following:
• A summary of the firm and any other consultant firms or people that may be involved in executing the contract, including a description of relevant experience.
• A fee proposal that includes a not-to-exceed fee, an hourly fee schedule for work included in the proposal, an hourly fee schedule for work beyond the original scope, and a fee schedule for reimbursable expenses.
• A schedule for completion of the meetings and summary of the information gathered.
• All proposals must address at least the elements described in this RFQ, but may contain other elements suggested by the person or firm submitting the proposal. Other suggested elements and any additional fees should be detailed separately in the proposal.
• To be considered, proposals must be submitted by 5:00 p.m., Friday, November 15, 2013 to the Community Development office at the City of Blue Ash, 4343 Cooper Road, Blue Ash, Ohio 45242. The submittal should include three complete copies.
• The City of Blue Ash reserves the right to select the proposal and firm that best meets the needs of the City. Preference will be given to persons and firms that have experience in land use and planning. The City may or may not request meetings with the person or firm making a proposal prior to making a selection. All those submitting a proposal will receive written notification once a selection has been made by the City and a contract has been executed.
• The City of Blue Ash does not discriminate in any of its selection processes for contract work with private persons or firms.
• Please contact Dan Johnson, Community Development Director at 513-745-8528 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or need additional information.