Request for Proposals
Development Technical Assistance
Cabrini Green Local Advisory Council
Submittal Deadline: 11/05/2012
The Cabrini Green Local Advisory Council invites qualified firms and organizations to submit proposals for: Technical Assistance to the Cabrini Green Local Advisory Council For Real Estate Development.
Solicitation Documents are available at http://goo.gl/3DOHk. Proposals are due November 5, 2012 at 10:00 am. Please see the solicitation documents for more details.
Scope of Services:
The goal of this RFP is to select a qualified firm or individual to provide real estate development technical assistance to the Cabrini-Green LAC. The scope of work will be comprehensive in nature. Services provided will include technical and advisory assistance to the Cabrini-Green LAC on preparation of Requests for Proposals, evaluation of specific redevelopment proposals, and redevelopment implementation. The technical consultant (TC) is expected to assist residents in understanding the land use and real estate development process, and to develop resident needs and goals that will be incorporated into redevelopment RFPs or management plans as appropriate.
The services provided by the selected firm or individual will include, but will not be limited to, the following:
• Provide assistance and advice to the LAC on matters concerning procurement of developers and implementation of development plans, including preparation of Requests for Proposals and evaluation of development proposals. Assistance may include:
• Organizing training, seminars and conferences to develop resident capacity
• Conducting design charettes
• Conducting design reviews
• Providing cost estimates and reviewing budgets
• Reviewing and evaluating management plans, screening policies, and resident programs
• Assessing construction cost estimates and schedules
• Reviewing loan documents, development agreements, management agreements, master leases, partnership agreements, and other agreements and documents pertaining to the financing, ownership, development, management, and operation of developments
• Reviewing appraisals, market studies, surveys, environmental reports, and other development planning initiatives and documents
• Providing construction administration and construction management services, as well as training for residents on this topic
• Provide assistance to residents in developing an understanding of the real estate development process, especially as it pertains to the mixed-income, mixed-finance environment, regarding, but not limited to financing and budgets, MBE/WBE and local hires initiatives and requirements, construction, partnership structures, property management, and applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations and ordinances, including HUD regulations and policies.
• Attend meetings with the LAC and the Working Group regarding redevelopment matters with respect to the Consent Decree.
• Provide board development training and training to build capacity of the LAC with respect to the development process and organizational development.
• Maintain strict confidentiality with the LAC and the Working Group regarding all materials, communications and interactions with residents and the LAC resulting from performance of its duties as TC.
• Comply with MBE/WBE and Section 3 (local resident hire) requirements.
The selected Respondent must have provided real estate development consulting services (or have similar experience) for a minimum of five years. Respondent must be knowledgeable about HUD regulations and policies regarding public housing, affordable housing, mixed-income development financing and management, and pertinent federal, state and local design and construction guidelines and requirements.
Please see the documents listed at http://goo.gl/3DOHk for more information.