Request for Qualifications
Strategic Communications and Sustainable Planning
Gulf Regional Planning Commission
Submittal Deadline: 02/20/2013
The GRPC is issuing an RFQ for the purpose of soliciting submissions from consultants interested in providing strategic communications and planning support Mississippi Gulf Coast Sustainable Communities Project. In order to obtain an RFQ package, interested consultants should email a Letter of Intent to (email@example.com) no later than 10:00 a.m. CST on Wednesday, February 6, 2013. When the LOI has been received, a copy of the RFQ package will be transmitted to the interested consultant. Completed RFQ package must be received no later than 10:00 a.m. CST on Wednesday, February 20, 2013.
Task One Communications Support To create project communication media, including several types of formats, copy-write, layout and production.
• Packets for public dissemination
• Presentation and video development for promoting sustainability and our planning
• Provide assistance with public meetings
• Website development, maintenance and hosting with interactive media
• Develop content related materials
• Final report production
Task Two Educational Development This task will involve, as follows:
• Conducting one-on-one interviews with executive committee members to assess their understanding and commitment to the project
• Reporting the findings and develop recommendations and initiate strategies to expand their knowledge and create support for the plan and implementation
• Develop a marketing sales pitch of the sustainability related work to be used to communicate with local leaders, businesses, NGOs and residents of the region.
Task Three Final Report/Organization Plan
• Review/presentation of regional organizational options under current legislation to support on-going planning and implementation; prepare final organizational framework for continuing a regional sustainability planning process
• Guiding the final stages of plan development, working with GRPC and the partners to facilitate the adoption of the regional sustainability plan and implementation plan by the executive committee
• Meeting routinely with GRPC and the PMC to maintain the timeline and deadline for delivery of products
• Providing technical support and direction on issues and situations as they arise, pertaining to sustainability and regional plan development
• Providing technical assistance to all of the subcommittees, as resources are available.