Junior-Mid Level Planner/Engineer
Alta Planning + Design
|Job at a Glance|
|Job Level||Mid II (4-8 years)|
Alta Planning + Design’s mission is to create active communities where bicycling and walking are safe, healthy, fun, and normal daily activities. We use the principles of transportation and recreation planning, landscape architecture and environmental awareness to design better places to bike, walk, play and live. Working at Alta allows people to apply their skills and ideas to making the world a healthier, better place.
The selected professional will join our team of planning, design, and engineering staff working on multi-modal projects throughout California. This is a fast-paced environment requiring individual time and workload management. Duties will include:
• Professional report writing
• Transportation research and analysis
• Creation of maps and graphic diagrams
• Assisting with public workshop facilitation
• Travel within California is a must, along with passion for our field and mission.
Required Skills and Experience:
• Minimum 3 years of project-based experience in multi-modal planning/transportation engineering; consulting experience preferred
• Bachelor degree required; Master of Urban Planning, Civil/Transportation Engineering, or related field preferred
• Experience with bicycle and pedestrian transportation planning projects
• Knowledge of engineering principles and practices used in the location design, construction and maintenance of bicycle, pedestrian, and roadway facilities
• Excellent writing, presentation, and communication skills
• Desired software skills include: Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, Arc GIS, Google Earth, Google Sketch-Up
• Desire to work in a fast-paced, challenging, and fun work environment
Preferred Skills and Experience:
• Consulting Experience
• Experience leading proposals and interviews
• Normal office working conditions
• Job will require travel
• Job may require hours that exceed 8 hours per day and/or 40 hours a week
• May require bending, stooping, lifting up to 35 pounds
Alta offers excellent benefits, flexible work schedules, and a fun, collaborative work environment with an extremely dedicated and skilled group of planners and designers.
To apply: Please send your cover letter, resume, and professional writing samples and/or portfolio to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Indicate which office location(s) you are applying for.
Position(s) open until filled. No calls please. Applications can also be mailed to:
Alta Planning & Design
Attn: Human Resources
711 SE Grand Ave.
Portland, OR 97214
Job Title: Junior-Mid Level Planner/Engineer
Employment Status: Full Time
Location: Berkeley, CA
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities in order to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Alta Planning + Design is an Equal Opportunity Employer
|Postal Address||2560 9th Street Suite 212
Berkeley, CA 94710