|Job at a Glance|
|Job Category||Environmental and Natural Resources Planning|
|Job Level||Mid I (1-4 years)|
|AICP Certification||Not Required|
Cardno is seeking an Assistant Planner for our Portland, Oregon office. The Assistant Planner position requires competent technical skills required to complete baseline planning studies and analysis.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited:
• Prepare/Compile Land Use applications.
• Conduct land use research.
• Write feasibility reports.
• Write master plan/ community plan documents.
• Create custom GIS Maps.
• Create planning communication exhibits.
• Design concept site plans/community plans.
• Visit development sites for data collection.
• Attend community meetings and assist with meeting facilitation.
• B.S. Degree in Land Use Planning Degree or similar degree or 2-3 years' experience.
• Requires knowledge of the Oregon and Washington Land Use System.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Proficient with GIS (ArcMap 10) to perform analysis and create graphics.
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word including styles and layout.
• Understanding of land development, real estate, and basic construction practices.
• Knowledge of AutoCad.
• Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop.
Cardno is an Equal Opportunity Employer.