Office of the Deputy Mayor for Planning and Economic Development
|Job at a Glance|
|Job Category||Economic Planning and Development|
|Job Level||Mid I (1-4 years)|
|Salary Range||74,171 - 95,564|
The Office of the Deputy Mayor for Planning and Economic Development (DMPED) is charged with executing the Mayor's economic development strategy which encourages growth and investments across the District. DMPED is responsible for managing catalytic real estate projects, promoting business expansion within the city, and creating jobs. More information is available on the DMPED’s website at www.dmped.dc.gov. DMPED is seeking a Project Manager for its Real Estate business unit.
Real Estate Development Project Managers at DMPED are responsible for managing a portfolio of real estate development, financing, and related projects, which help to grow the District economy. Successful candidates will demonstrate an ability to manage the District’s interest in a variety of real estate projects. Project Managers must be able to independently and proactively manage project milestones and budgets; and interactions with private and public counterparts. In addition, Project Managers will perform financial analyses to help the District evaluate economic development projects.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Administer multiple real estate and/or financing transactions
• Assist in negotiating disposition contracts, leases, and funding agreements
• Review detailed financial models of development projects
• Conduct solicitation processes by drafting requests for proposals, reviewing submissions, and making recommendations for award
• Analyze and present findings and recommendations to senior staff in written and verbal form
• Brief DMPED senior staff and elected officials on project status
• Conduct presentations and meetings with community stakeholders
• Undergraduate degree required
• 2-4 years of work experience in real estate banking, real estate development, finance, consulting, urban planning, and/or public policy required
• Understanding of commercial real estate development and leasing transactions
• Familiarity and experience with project management duties including project implementation from conception to completion
• Proven strength in the use of spreadsheets, database and presentation applications, including Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
• Understanding of District economic development issues, neighborhoods and real estate market
• Strong interpersonal, written, verbal and analytical skills
• Experience with community engagement and/or executive stakeholder management a plus
This position is a grade 13 on the District government’s career service salary scale. The salary ranges from $74,171 to $95,564. Actual salary is commensurate with experience and the applicant’s past salary history.
This position is posted on the DC government’s Department of Human Resources (DCHR) website. Interested applicants are encouraged to apply through DCHR’s website at dchr.dc.gov. Click on current job openings on the main page and search by the job ID number to find the position.