City of Grand Prairie
Grand Prairie, TX
|Job at a Glance|
|Job Category||Economic Planning and Development|
|Job Level||Entry (0–1 year)|
|Salary Range||$33,600.00 - $53,760.00 annually DOQ|
The purpose of this position is to review development proposals to determine how they may affect the City. This is accomplished by communicating with the public, developers and contractors.
Other duties the Planner will be responsible for may include, but not limited to:
• Communicates with the public, developers and contractors by attending public hearings; and discussing projects over the phone.
• Writes various reports by responding to external requests for information; and writing staff reports.
• Provides case management support by performing intake procedures for new case applications; entering information into the departments case management system; verifying completeness of submitted applications and identifying deficiencies to applicants; and assisting in the circulation of cases to members of the Development Review Committee.
• Completes related duties by serving as the Chief Case Manager for all application requests submitted to the Zoning Board of Adjustment (ZBA) and serving as Chief Facilitator at the ZBA hearings.
• Bachelor's degree in Planning, Geography, Political Science or equivalent.
• Under and including one year of planning experience
• Valid Texas Class C Driver's License
If you are interested in this exciting position, please fill out an online application found at www.gptx.org.
|Postal Address||206 W Church St
Grand Prairie, TX 75050.