Air Quality Specialist
City of Rapid City
Rapid City, SD
|Job at a Glance|
|Job Category||Environmental and Natural Resources Planning|
|Job Level||Mid I (1-4 years)|
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following; other duties may be assigned:
1. Conducts air quality inspections and investigations, including but not limited to site specific complaint monitoring.
2. Reviews and approves construction and compliance plan permits.
3. Provides technical assistance to the public, governing bodies, Air Quality Board and other agencies to promote air quality.
4. Advocates and implements standards, policies and ordinances for related governing bodies, commissions and agencies by oral and written presentations which include graphs and reports, and reviews and advocates decisions of related governing bodies and boards.
5. Develops air quality emission inventories, manages data bases and conducts air dispersion modeling including utilization of Geographic Information Systems and Global Positioning Systems.
6. Analyzes ambient air quality data and presents findings to the public and associated governing bodies, boards and agencies including assisting with the maintenance of ambient air quality monitoring networks.
7. Maintains all necessary records and reports.
8. Provides staff assistance to the Air Quality Board.
|Contact Name||Human Resources|