Project Manager- Housing and Neighborhoods
New Orleans, LA
|Job at a Glance|
|Job Level||Mid I (1-4 years)|
GCR Inc., an international professional services firm, partners with government and commercial clients to deliver consulting services and technology solutions in aviation, disaster recovery, elections, nuclear power, public safety, right-of-way and urban planning.
The experts at GCR, from planners to aviation experts to software developers, all share a common goal: to solve our client’s problems – with intelligence.
Our Planning Sector includes certified planners, economists, GIS technicians, programmers and real estate specialists who provide diverse expertise to projects. This includes projects within housing, economic development, community engagement, transportation, disaster recovery and grants management. Our mission is to assist our clients bringing equitable, catalytic change through good data, sound planning practices and stakeholder involvement.
GCR is seeking a Project Manager with a background in housing and neighborhood redevelopment to work within our New Orleans office. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing projects involving neighborhood assessments, housing needs assessments, CDBG grant administration, market analysis for housing and retail development, disaster recovery analytics and planning, housing policy and neighborhood development. Following are the primary responsibilities of the position:
• Develop project work plans with timelines, responsibilities and deliverables
• Manage contracts and relationships with clients and subcontractors
• Coordinate data collection, synthesis and reporting using a variety of data sources
• Draft final plans, reports and assessments based on research and analysis
• Draft proposal responses to RFPs and RFQs
• Manage staff working on current projects
• Present research and analysis to clients, stakeholders and the general public
• The preferred candidate will have experience working with federal grant programs targeted towards investment in housing and neighborhoods. This includes Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funds, Sustainable Communities, HUD Choice Neighborhoods, Neighborhood Stabilization Program (NSP), HOME and tax credit programs.
• Additionally, the preferred candidate has experience in market analysis and/or real estate development using federal grant programs, including feasibility analysis, financial modeling, NEPA process, design review and construction management.
• A background in private consulting is also desired.
Required Skills and Experience:
• Applicant must have a graduate degree from an accredited university in the fields of planning, public administration, finance, architecture, engineering or related field.
• Additionally, candidate must have a minimum of five (5) years of experience in housing or neighborhood analysis, with a minimum of two (2) years in a managerial role.
• Candidate must be capable of retrieving, analyzing and synthesizing data in a meaningful way, using the U.S. Census, American Community Survey, Bureau of Labor Statistics and HUD datasets along with primary research. Candidate must also have advanced skills in Excel, Access and PowerPoint, be knowledgeable of GIS and Adobe Creative Suite, and be capable of drafting plans and assessments that integrate data with policy and best practices in a manner that is graphically rich, thoughtful and precise.
• Applicant must also have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Please submit cover letter and writing samples with resume when applying
GCR Inc. offers our employees a competitive compensation package. Among the benefits are paid vacation, paid holidays, flexible work time schedules, a 401(k) with a company match, health and dental plans, and life insurance. GCR Inc. has a corporate headquarters in New Orleans, Louisiana with additional offices in Los Angeles, Washington D.C., Covington, La. and Baton Rouge, La.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/kpxqvq5
|Contact Name||Human Resources|
|Postal Address||Apply Online