City of West Point
West Point, GA
|Job at a Glance|
|Job Category||Community Development and Redevelopment|
|Job Level||Mid I (1-4 years)|
This position provides comprehensive planning services and program management for the city.
• Analyzes planning issues and determines project schedules and priorities.
• Assist City staff in the enforcement of local ordinances and in interpreting city codes and comprehensive plans.
• Assist in maintaining the database of information for planning purposes, updating city maps and assigning addresses and street names per City standards.
• Coordinate city planning activities with other city departments and outside agencies.
• Draft request for proposals or qualifications.
• Establish and maintains effective working relationship with other employees, and members of the community.
• Evaluates land use proposals for conformity to establish plans and ordinances.
• Monitors consultant contracts and project budgets.
• Organizes and administers various city programs.
• Conducts analyses and prepares reports regarding land use, infrastructure improvements, environmental requirements and other matters.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION
• Knowledge of application of land use, physical design, economic, environmental, and social concepts.
• Knowledge of urban planning principles and related laws.
• Knowledge of the development needs/trends of the city and market analysis techniques.
• Knowledge of zoning principles, laws and regulations.
• Knowledge of city codes, policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of federal regulations affecting city business, including ADA regulations.
• Knowledge of computers, mapping programs, and job related software programs.
• Knowledge of engineering and architectural plans, concepts and methodologies.
• Must have 3 to 5 years experience as a local government planner
• AICP Certification required
• Applicants must have a baccalaureate degree in a course of study related to the occupational field
• Possession of a valid Class C driver’s license
Applications will be accepted September 13, 2013-October 4th, 2013. Resumes may be attached to applications, but may not be submitted in lieu of applications.
Deadline for submitting applications is October 4th , 2013 at 5:00 pm.
No phone calls please.
|Contact Name||Virginia Nieves|
|Postal Address||attn: Human Resource Department
730 1st Avenue
West Point, GA 31833