Urban Planning Consultant
|Job at a Glance|
|Job Category||Other topics not covered above|
|Job Level||Mid II (4-8 years)|
Benchmark has a thirty year history of serving local government clients throughout the Carolinas, with a growing national practice. We work in an energetic environment, collaborating as a team on complex and challenging local and regional planning assignments. As we grow, we invite you to learn more about our consulting team and consider joining our talented group of urban planning professionals.
Benchmark is seeking applicants for the position of Urban Planning Consultant in its Special Projects Division. This position will serve as a member of the firm’s consulting team on a wide range of projects, including land use and comprehensive planning, ordinance development, military planning, bicycle and pedestrian planning, urban design studies and similar projects. To be considered for this position applicants should hold the following minimum qualifications:
• Master’s Degree in Planning, Geography, Public Administration, Architecture, Landscape Architecture, or a closely related field
• Four to eight years of professional level experience in planning or a closely related field
• Demonstrated knowledge of planning theory and practice
• Demonstrated proficiency with ArcGIS (9.X or higher)
• Strong public speaking and facilitation skills
• The ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
• The ability to travel for projects, including overnight travel
• Proficiency with all Microsoft Office programs
Highly qualified candidates will have the following additional qualifications:
• AICP Certification
• Demonstrated urban design experience
• Demonstrated graphic design ability with Adobe Creative Suite and Google SketchUp
• Experience developing and managing websites.
Salary is dependent on qualifications. Benchmark offers a wide range of benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, paid vacation and sick leave, and a 401K plan. Candidates who do not hold AICP certification will be required to obtain certification within one year of employment or eligibility to sit for the exam.
To apply, please submit a resume in PDF format to email@example.com. Candidates submitting resumes prior to October 1st, 2013 will receive priority consideration.
Please visit our website at www.benchmarkplanning.com to learn more about our company and stop by our booth at the 2013 NCAPA Conference to meet our team.