Environmental Planner III
|Job at a Glance|
|Job Category||Environmental and Natural Resources Planning|
|Job Level||Senior (8-10 years)|
Provide environmental services for KLJ projects in a timely, accurate, and cost effective manner.
• Project manager and client manager on designated projects
• Adhere to project budget and schedule
• Effectively deal with difficult situations and confrontation both internally and externally
• Market to existing or potential clients and obtain work for the firm
• Coordinate business development and marketing strategy
• Prepare forecast of workload for assigned staff and closely monitor backlog
• Provide quality control by reviewing work to ensure compliance with KLJ quality standards
• Utilize effective written and oral communication
• Provide direction, review, and support to the group by leading projects; assuring proper practices and techniques
• Instruct, train, and mentor group members and support staff
• Must have a valid drivers license and be able to operate motorized vehicles
• Coordinate with Local, State and Federal Agencies
• Prepare scopes, fees, contracts, reports, budgets and proposals
• Participate in and facilitate meetings with stakeholders and clients
• Plan, organize, coordinate, prioritize, and monitor client relations
A Bachelors Degree in Environmental studies or closely related field and 10+ years of experience is required.
Project management experience is preferred. GIS training is highly desired.