Development Coordinator / Small Business
Seize The Future Development Foundation
|Job at a Glance|
|Job Category||Economic Planning and Development|
|Job Level||Mid I (1-4 years)|
|Salary Range||$50-$85k plus benefits|
Seize the Future Development Foundation (STFDF) is a Not-For-Profit Corporation recognized as a 501(c)(3) by the Internal Revenue Service. The primary mission of STFDF is the promotion of business, industry and trade and has the capacity to perform economic development activities and services needed within the corporate limits of the City of Aurora.
Note: If you are interested in this position, please send your questions along with your resume, cover letter and five professional references to our gmail account down below.
Assist the CEO/President of Seize the Future Development Foundation in attracting and retaining small commercial and industrial development in key business corridors within the city of Aurora.
Duties include assisting prospective business by providing relevant data, assisting real estate representatives and consultants, and facilitating the progress of projects through the city of Aurora approval process. Participate in meetings with government councils and local redevelopment organizations. Coordinate and administer special projects.
Essential Functions of the Job
1) Develop relationships with site-location consultants/professionals to facilitate small business attraction through direct mail, Familiarization Tours and direct contact.
2) Contact existing Aurora small business to assist with proposed expansion plans and to address any issues relative to business retention.
3) Function as an STFDF liaison to various local workforce initiatives including but not limited to KDK Training Employment and Business Services, the Illinois Employment and Training Center, and Waubonsee Community College’s Education-to-careers partnership.
4) Utilize State and federal programs for the promotion of Aurora.
5) Attend outside committee meetings as necessary for the purpose of tracking the progress of specific small business projects and/or issues that would affect small business.
6) Maintain and create a variety of work related computer databases to track the number of Aurora business that have relations with international companies or that sell product in other countries in order to market and promote Aurora to international companies.
7) Conduct research as necessary and evaluate findings
Required Knowledge and Abilities
1) Requires excellent organization skills.
2) Ability to read and understand business plans and complex reports.
3) Ability to communication effectively with various levels of people.
4) Ability to operate computers with working knowledge of software programs.
5) Ability to maintain good working relationship with various agencies, city personnel and general public.
6) Ability to work under time pressures and demanding work schedule.
7) Ability to be self-motivated and have a strong commitment to small business development.
Qualifications for Hire
1) B.S. Degree in Business, Marketing, Public Relations, Planning or related field.
2) Computer experience with working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint,
3) Maintain a valid driver’s license.
4) Bilingual skills a plus.
|Postal Address||43 West Galena Blvd, Aurora, IL 60506