Development Coordinator / Mid and Large Business
Seize The Future Development Foundation
|Job at a Glance|
|Job Category||Economic Planning and Development|
|Job Level||Mid I (1-4 years)|
Seize the Future Development Foundation (STFDF) is a Not-For-Profit Corporation recognized as a 501(c)(3) by the Internal Revenue Service. The primary mission of STFDF is the promotion of business, industry and trade and has the capacity to perform economic development activities and services needed within the corporate limits of the City of Aurora.
Note: If you are interested in this position, please send your questions along with your resume, cover letter and five professional references to our gmail account down below.
Assist the CEO/President of Seize the Future Development Foundation in attracting and retaining large and mid-size commercial and industrial development within the city of Aurora. Duties include representing the STFDF in the absence of CEO/President, one-to one client contact, assisting the CEO/President in implementing a marketing program, and negotiating with local business enterprises in startups, expansion, or retention matters. Coordinate and administer special projects
May work long hours and weekends. May sit for long periods of time for various business meetings. Will work in a professional office environment as well as out of doors. Will operate office equipment
Essential Functions of the Job
1) Performs a variety of administrative tasks; assists the CEO/President in developing and administering the Foundation’s budget; attend and participate in Foundation meetings.
2) Develop and maintain marketing and promotional materials for the Foundation and update materials and create new materials as deemed appropriate by the CEO/President.
3) Develop and coordinate an advertising program for the Foundation, and coordinate projects such as trade shows, fairs and other special events.
4) Assist the CEO/President in seeking new industrial and commercial prospects through personal contacts, news media, business periodicals, consultants, contractors and other available sources.
5) Coordinate the preparation and maintenance of the following reports; leads and prospects, building permit, operations, completed projects, building and land and other special reports.
6) In the absence of the CEO/President, speak and perform public relations functions with development organizations and other interested groups about general industrial and business activities.
7) Develop and maintain current general information concerning wages, living conditions, education, services and other information that might be of interest to prospective industrial and commercial concerns.
8) Performs other duties as assigned by the CEO/President.
Required Knowledge and Abilities
1) Requires excellent organization skills.
2) Ability to read and understand business plans and complex reports.
3) Ability to communication effectively with various levels of people.
4) Ability to maintain good working relationship with various agencies, city personnel and general public.
5) Ability to work under time pressures and demanding work schedule.
6) Ability to be self-motivated and have a strong commitment to small business development.
Qualifications for Hire
1) B.S. Degree in Business, Marketing, Public Relations, Planning or related field.
2) Computer experience with working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint,
3) Maintain a valid driver’s license.
4) Bilingual skills a plus
|Postal Address||43 West Galena Blvd, Aurora, IL 60506