AICP Outstanding Students
The AICP Outstanding Student Awards recognizes outstanding attainment in the study of planning by students graduating from Planning Accreditation Board–accredited planning programs (one at the undergraduate level and one at the graduate level, if applicable) during the academic year of the award. Each respective planning program convenes a jury to make the selection(s) and schedules the award presentation(s) at their respective school(s).
2016 AICP Outstanding Student Awards
2016 Submission Window: March 14–May 8, 2016
Eligibility and Criteria
ELIGIBILITY: Self-nominations are not accepted for this award
CRITERIA: The department head and other colleagues of each PAB-accredited planning program determines its own criteria. These criteria may include, but need not be limited to, academic achievement, leadership, commitment to planning as a career, and community service.
To accommodate a wide range of individual university award programs, there will be three primary shipping periods. We use USPS's standard shipping rate which takes about 7–10 business days to be delivered. Please review this schedule and allow time for shipping.
Certificate Shipment Schedule
- Requests received March 14–March 27: Certificates ship via USPS on March 28, 2016
- Requests received March 28- April 17: Certificates ship via USPS on April 18, 2016
- Requests received April 18–May 8: Certificates ship via USPS on May 9, 2016
Letter of Nomination
The formal letter of nomination must be on university, college, or school stationary signed by the Program Chair, Department Head, or Awards Committee Chair. It must include a description of why this student was chosen for recognition.
Include in the e-mail message:
- Name of Student (as it should appear on the certificate — APA will add them before shipping)
- Academic Level (graduate or undergraduate) and graduation date/year
- Name of individual and mailing address to which the certificate should be mailed; phone number; e-mail address. [NOTE: Certificates should not be sent to the student.]
- Date of Award Program
- If you need expedited FedEx shipping, include the account type and number that should be used. FedEx Only.
To submit your nomination for the AICP Outstanding Student Award, please follow the instructions below:
- Send an e-mail to AICP@planning.org
- Write in the subject line: 2016 AICP Outstanding Student Award — [school name]
- Include required additional information (listed above) in message screen
- Scan letter and attach to message
Contact Monica Groh, Director of Emerging Professionals, at email@example.com.