|#e.24900||Wednesday 8:00AM to Thursday 3:00PM
November 6-7, 2013
CM | 14.00
PTS Workshop: Sustainable Zoning and Development Controls
American Planning Association
Can sustainable zoning save the world? Come to Chicago and see what sustainable development codes can do for your community, the country, and the planet.
Join a conversation about energy conservation. Learn how good planning can boost food security. Explore climate change, legal issues, and the politics of sustainability. How green is your planning? Find out in a hands-on exercise on sustainable code audits. You'll come away inspired, informed, and ready to make your part of the world a greener place.
You'll learn about:
• Laying a defensible foundation for a sustainable code
• Saving energy and tapping alternative energy sources
• Cultivating urban agriculture and growing food security
• Adapting to climate change and addressing natural hazards
• Keeping current with sustainability legislation and case law
• Confronting the politics of adopting a sustainable code
• Measuring the costs and benefits of a greener future
Workshop and Hotel Location
Hyatt Regency Chicago
151 E. Wacker Dr.
Chicago, IL 60601
Hotel reservation deadline: October 4, 2013