|#e.24898||Monday 8:00AM to Tuesday 3:00PM
November 4-5, 2013
CM | 14.00
PTS Workshop: Water Resources: Best Practices for Planners
American Planning Association
Water, water everywhere — in regulations, in site plans, in headlines. How do you stay current with all the new developments?
Catch up with the latest trends and technologies at an in-depth workshop from PTS. It starts with a big-picture overview of water resource engineering and regulation. Then it delves into details every planner needs to know about stormwater management, watershed protection, and more. You'll take away practical tools to make site plans and zoning codes a better fit for your community's water resources.
You'll learn about:
• Water resources engineering and infrastructure
• The Clean Water Act and stormwater regulation
• Watershed modeling and assessment basics
• Key code provisions for water-friendly sites
• Site- and watershed-level practices and tools
• Stormwater myths and green-practice costs
• Trends in wastewater management, water supply and reclamation, and emerging contaminants
Workshop and Hotel Location
Hyatt Regency Chicago
151 E. Wacker Dr.
Chicago, IL 60601
Hotel Reservation Deadline: October 4, 2013