San Diego, California | April 30–May 3, 2022
Online | May 18–20, 2022
April 28, 2022
APA will require all in-person conference participants (attendees, speakers, staff, vendors) to be vaccinated in order to attend the 2022 National Planning Conference (NPC22) in San Diego, California from April 30 to May 3, 2022.
For the purposes of this guidance, people are considered fully vaccinated for COVID-19*
- Two weeks or more after they have received the second dose in a 2-dose series (Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna)
- Two weeks or more after they have received a single-dose vaccine (Johnson and Johnson [J&J]/Janssen)
- Two weeks after receipt of another vaccine authorized by the World Health Organization (WHO)
*A booster is strongly recommended but not required at this time.
This is a very fluid time, and we will continue to monitor and evaluate what is needed to ensure we meet safely. Updates and reminders of protocols and the conference policy will be sent to all attendees prior to NPC22 in San Diego. Any changes to this policy will be reflected here.
Attendees that do not wish to comply with the conference policy are able to take advantage of the online conference available on May 18-20, 2022.
Masks will now be optional for attendees participating in NPC22 programming.
In addition to the vaccination requirement, if you feel sick or are experiencing COVID-like symptoms prior to traveling to or while onsite in San Diego, we ask that you not participate in the conference in person.
To help ensure your personal safety and comfort during NPC22, APA has asked the Convention Center to sanitize all facilities at appropriate intervals and to provide readily available cleansing material on site. We are committed to clear communications during the event. We encourage all conference participants to monitor APA social media channels and our meeting website for the latest updates.
- Follow current guidance provided by the CDC and your local health authority.
- You should not attend NPC22 if you are experiencing, or within the 10 days prior to the conference have experienced, symptoms associated with COVID-19. If you do not feel well, protect yourself and others and stay home.
- You should not attend any event at NPC22 if you have been diagnosed with COVID-19 within 5 days prior to the conference.
- Follow travel restrictions and guidance issued by the region you are traveling to and from.
- APA COVID-19 Guidelines will be followed at the strictest level.
- Follow guidance from CDC and local health authorities to minimize the spread of viruses. The steps that you should take include:
- Wash your hands regularly and thoroughly for at least 20 seconds.
- Sanitize hands regularly throughout the day.
- Alert APA staff or venue staff if you feel unwell, start experiencing symptoms, or test positive for COVID-19 in San Diego during NPC22.
- APA is committed to providing all necessary equipment to assist in following these guidelines (Hand sanitizer stations, signage, event reminders, etc.)
If you test positive for COVID-19 up to 14 days after your departure from NPC22, please contact APA staff immediately.
Please contact APA Meetings Director, Eva Wilczek at email@example.com if you have any questions regarding health and safety at NPC22.