As you register for APA's 2018 National Planning Conference, please keep the following information in mind. Your attention to these details will make registration and attendance easier and faster for both you and APA.
- You may register online or by fax or mail. You cannot register by phone. There is a $50 fee for faxed or mailed registration. Please register only once; if you fax in your registration form, do not mail it also. Please do not email the registration form; only submit it via mail or fax.
- If we cannot verify your APA membership when you register, you will be charged the nonmember rate.
- If you are not an APA member and do not have a nonmember account, create a nonmember account before you register or, for the best price on NPC18, Join APA.
- You must use your own account to register. You may not register another person under your account. Registrations may not be shared.
- The email address you provide on the registration form will be your email address of record for all APA communications.
Not a Member?
Join APA now and qualify for the APA member registration rate! Student membership is FREE and NPC18 registration is only $125 through February 22. Other new members get HALF OFF regular member dues and HALF OFF the regular member rate for conference registration. Not only will you pay less to attend NPC18, you'll also enjoy APA member benefits throughout the conference and all year long.
If you have questions at any point during the registration process, please call 312-334-1250 or email email@example.com before proceeding. We'll be glad to answer your questions and help you avoid problems later on.
Early registration rates are available through February 22, 2018 (11:59 p.m. CT). Regular registration rates are available through March 22 (11:59 p.m. CT). Last-chance registration rates apply after March 22.
Important! If you are registering by mail or fax, APA must receive your registration form and payment by the date indicated to qualify for the associated rate.
Badges and Activity Tickets
If you register by March 22, APA will mail your badge and activity tickets to you (U.S. and Canada only). Take them with you to New Orleans. International attendees, other than from Canada, will pick up their packets at registration in New Orleans.
Only one badge will be issued for each registration. If APA receives your registration after March 22, you can print your badge, and any tickets you have purchased, at the Morial Convention Center in New Orleans. You may add activity tickets at any time. (Note: After March 22, all ticket sales are final.)
There are two types of conference activities.
Non-Ticketed Activities: All non-ticketed activities are included with your conference registration. Adding a non-ticketed activity to your schedule is for your reference only; it does not save you a seat (so don't be late!) or require you to attend.
Ticketed Activities: Activities displaying the ticket icon require a ticket which you must obtain in order to attend. Even if an activity ticket is free, add it to your cart and "purchase" it during checkout. Only a purchased ticket will confirm your space in that activity. Please check your cart to ensure you have purchased all the tickets you want.
Standby Tickets: APA sells standby tickets to mobile workshops after the designated capacity is met. Holders of standby tickets are put on a waiting list.
Go to the mobile workshop departure area at the appropriate date and time. If space becomes available, individuals on the waiting list will be accommodated in the order their standby tickets were purchased. If space does not become available, take your standby ticket to the conference registration booth and submit a refund request form.
Attendees who do not purchase standby tickets may add their names to the waiting list in the mobile workshop departure area. If all standby ticket holders are accommodated, APA will sell additional tickets — as space is available — up to the time of departure.
At the Morial Convention Center
- APA will not change or cancel a registration
- APA will not issue refunds.
- Only checks, cash, and credit cards will be accepted for payment.
- APA will process overpayments from checks received on site within three weeks after the conference.
- There is a $10 charge for a replacement badge; proof of registration is required.
- All ticket sales are final after March 22. Ticket holders may swap tickets among themselves.
- Awards luncheon tickets will not be available.
What Registration Includes
- Full program access
- Welcome Reception
- Exhibitor Meet and Greet Reception
- Awards luncheon* (not included in APA Life, Retired, and Student Member discounted registration)
- Post-conference access to program presentations and recordings
*Full-paid registration includes Monday's Awards Luncheon. To attend, reserve a free ticket before the conference. Space is limited and we expect all available tickets to be claimed. Attendees may purchase additional Awards Luncheon tickets — by April 1 — for $60.
How to Pay for Registration and Tickets
Indicate your payment method when you submit your mail or faxed form so that we can process your registration. APA must receive your full payment, in U.S. dollars, by the registration deadline date to qualify for the associated rate.
- Pay by check. You may pay by check only if you register by mail. Make checks payable to American Planning Association.
- Pay by credit card. APA accepts American Express, Discover, MasterCard, and Visa. The cardholder's signature is required. You must pay with a credit card if you register by fax.
If you register online, APA will email a confirmation within 24 hours. If you register by mail or fax, APA will email a confirmation within two weeks of receipt. If you do not receive a confirmation, please notify firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you must cancel or transfer your registration, email email@example.com. You cannot cancel or transfer by phone or via social media. March 22 is the last day to cancel and receive a refund. There is a $50 fee for cancellations and transfers ($35 for students).
If you wish to cancel your purchase of a ticketed activity, email firstname.lastname@example.org. You cannot cancel by phone. March 22 is the last day to cancel and receive a refund. There is no fee to cancel a purchased ticketed activity.
Questions about Registration?
- Typical conference attire is business casual.
- APA will record and photograph portions of the conference. By registering for NPC18, you agree to be photographed or recorded and grant APA permission to use the photographs or recordings on APA's website, YouTube channel, Twitter feed, and other social media; in APA publications; emails; and elsewhere.