Request for Qualifications
Economic Development Services
Tri Cities Partnership
Winter Garden, FL
Submittal Deadline: 04/19/2013
The City of Winter Garden, Florida, is soliciting qualification submittals from qualified professional consultants that are interested in providing economic development services to the newly formed Tri Cities Partnership, which is an alliance between the Cities of Apopka, Ocoee and Winter Garden. Services will be provided over a two-year period.
Work shall include but may not be limited to the following: The City of Winter Garden, acting as agent for the Tri Cities Partnership, intends to hire an economic development consultant team to serve as a continuing services provider to conduct studies and help formulate strategies which will promote the Tri City area as a viable location for new and expanded workforce creation. Each consultant, in their response, should identify how they would undertake each of these tasks and offer recommendations for any other work tasks that may be necessary over time.
All or parts of the following work tasks shall be completed over a two year period. Additional work tasks may be added and the City and the consultant shall agree upon fees to be charged.
• Assist in formulating an Economic Development Strategy for the Tri-City Partnership
• Prepare a work program in six-month timeframes.
• Validate the Industry Cluster Analysis that was completed and provide further refinement of the Industry Clusters and potential niches.
• Develop an inventory of the Tri City Partnership’s assets and liabilities as they relate to economic development, including interviews with local businesses
• Provide recommendations for an organizational structure for long term growth
• Marketing, branding and website services.
• Analysis and recommendations regarding workforce and education issues.
• Site selection and business recruitment services
• Prepare and submit a budget for the anticipated services.
• Labor market analysis
• Evaluation and development strategies for business parks or commerce centers
• Attend meetings as requested.
Request for Qualification packages may be obtained online at http://www.cwgdn.com/business/bids/
Responses are due back by April 19, 2013.