Request for Proposals
Grant Application and Needs Assessment
Broward Couny Ryan White Part A Program
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Submittal Deadline: 07/26/2013
Fort Lauderdale/Broward County Eligible Metropolitan Area (EMA)
Request For Letters Of Interest
Ryan White Part A Consulting Services
Broward Regional Health Planning Council is seeking a consultant(s) to perform one or more of the following annual HIV needs assessment and grant writing activities and development of a health literacy plan.
1. FY 2014 Ryan White Part A FY 2014 Grant Writing and Editing.
a. Write all sections related to planning efforts including but not limited to:
i. HIV/AIDS epidemiological data (e.g., incidence and prevalence, trends, demographics)
ii. Unmet need for HIV-related services
iii. Assessment of emerging populations with special need
iv. Impact of co-morbidities on the cost and complexity of delivering health care to individuals with HIV/AIDS
v. Prevalence and impact of homelessness and jail/prison reentry
vi. Access to HIV health care
vii. Service delivery challenges
viii. Continuum of care (including integration and coordination of other available funding sources and services)
ix. Planned services and implementation plan
x. Planning and resource allocation
b. Complete a full review of the application based on published criteria.
c. Complete a full edit of the Ryan White Part A grant application (See Appendix 1 for complete previous Fiscal Year grant guidance).
d. Provide onsite Planning Council technical assistance.
2. HIV Health Services Comprehensive Plan – Review, evaluate and update.
3. Fiscal Year 2014 Client Needs Assessment Survey, Data Analysis, and Presentation: Analyze and summarize findings from a large-scale client needs assessment survey and develop a PowerPoint presentation for the community (See Appendix 2 for a sample Survey Tool).
4. HIV Health Literacy Plan. Develop and implement HIV health literacy plan for the EMA based on validated methods and tools.
1. Application Process. Submit 1 electronic copy of your response letter including all items listed below: A letter indicating interest in and qualifications for each applicable activity.
Michele Rosiere, Division Director
Broward Regional Health Planning Council
200 Oakwood Lane, Suite 100, Hollywood, FL 33020
Telephone: (954) 561-9681 Mobile: (954) 401-5694
a. Letter of Interest. Experience in conducting HIV needs assessment activities and/or grant writing.
b. An estimate of expected expenses for each applicable activity. Provide an all-inclusive hourly rate. Lodging and transportation policy will be provided to consultants during the negotiation phase. Provide information relative to your billing procedures. Proposals should explicitly set out the schedule of fees for additional and unforeseen drafts, public meetings or presentation should they become necessary, preferably on a not-to-exceed amount basis.
c. Resumes/vitas of staff and the key technical personnel to be assigned to each applicable activity. Discuss the experience of each person and relate that experience to each applicable activity. Include what portion would be assigned to each person on the project team.
d. Letters of Reference. At least three (3), relevant professional written letters of reference.
2. Notice of Intent: Although not required for submission, venders interested in applying are strongly encouraged to forward their name, address, phone, and email address to Michele Rosiere at mrosiere@BRHPC.org by July 5, 2013.
3. Vendor Requirements. If awarded, the Vendor must submit a completed IRS Form; proof of General Liability Insurance; proof of Workers Compensation Insurance (or proof of exemption); and evidence of the use of the E-Verify system.
5. Deadline. Letters of Interest must be received no later than 5:00 PM EST, Friday, July 26, 2013.
6. Acceptance/Denial Notification. The selected bidder will be contacted.