Request for Qualifications
Downtown Revitalization Plan
Downtown Hershey Association
Submittal Deadline: 11/11/2013
The Downtown Hershey Association (DHA) is soliciting a request for qualifications and information to identify potential consultants that will be used to assist with the development and execution of a Request for Proposal (RFP) for community planning services to revitalize downtown Hershey, PA.
Submitted presentations shall include the following:
1. Cover letter on company letterhead, which includes a point of contact name, phone number, web site address and email address.
2. Company overview and qualifications for work in this area.
3. Recommended elements of a downtown revitalization plan for Hershey over the next five years consistent with our commitment to Smart Growth that include: ideas and solutions in areas such as streetscape, historic preservation, pedestrian safety, building design, and parking and traffic that will help define the scope of the plan and suggest future improvements. Sketches, renderings and illustrations would be particularly helpful to communicate this information.
4. Best practices from planning experts and other similar communities, with attention to environmentally sustainable outcomes.
5. A recommended methodology for a successful planning effort.
6. A rough estimate or range of time for completing a community-driven plan.
7. Recommended, realistic funding sources to pay for the plan itself, and for the implementation of the plan, including design and construction.
Interested consultants shall submit their intent to participate in this RFI/RFQ process at the DHA website no later than October 15, 2013. Written and electronic submissions of the consultant presentations are due by November 11, 2013. A full copy of the request is available on the DHA website.