Request for Qualifications
REnewSA Study: Redevelopment Strategies
City of San Antonio Department of Planning and Community Development
San Antonio, TX
Submittal Deadline: 11/08/2013
The City of San Antonio Department of Planning and Community Development, the coordinating department for REnewSA, is soliciting proposals from firms specializing in research, analytical, and scenario planning services that can provide for the collection and analysis of relevant information to:
1. Create an index of commercial and residential market types and categorize all property within the City. Identify distressed areas where the input of community development resources would have the greatest positive impact.
2. Prepare inventory of vacant, neglected, and underutilized properties in distressed areas.
3. Develop a feasibility model to identify optimal uses, building forms, and price points for vacant, neglected, and underutilized properties.
4. Develop site-specific intervention strategies for vacant, neglected, and underutilized properties in up to 5 (five) target areas that include 1 (one) or more commercial corridors and their trading areas. Utilize existing and recommended community development tools to close feasibility gaps identified by the feasibility model.
5. Train REnewSA staff to use the market index and feasibility model and provide as needed technical support for 3 (three) years following the completion of the study.
Pre-Submittal Conference: City of San Antonio, Finance Department – Purchasing Division, 11th Floor Large Conference Room, 111 Soledad, San Antonio, Texas 78205 at 11:00 a.m., Central Time, on Wednesday, October 23, 2013.