Request for Proposals
2015-2025 Plan of Conservation and Development
Town of Andover
Submittal Deadline: 02/14/2014
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS FOR UPDATE OF THE PLAN OF CONSERVATION AND DEVELOPMENT
The Town of Andover is soliciting proposals from professional planning consultants for the provision of services to assist the Andover Planning and Zoning Commission (PZC) in the preparation of the 2015-2025 Plan of Conservation and Development (POCD). The selected consultant(s) will work under the direction of the Chairman of PZC or his designee and will be expected to demonstrate professional experience in facilitating public input and involvement, and the preparation and presentation of community planning data to the PZC and general public at required workshops during the process of preparing a draft POCD.
The Town of Andover is an “outer ring” rural town which acts as a “bedroom community” for the surrounding urban areas of Hartford, Manchester and Willimantic. Andover consists of 15 square miles with an estimated 2011 population of 3,305. Preservation of the Town’s rural character and natural resources is supported by the residents. Taxes and economic development are important issues facing the Town.
The last POCD was completed in 2005, and the 2015-2025 POCD would be an update of the existing plan. The Town of Andover is also a participant in the Route 6 Corridor Study with the Towns of Bolton, Coventry and Columbia. This study addresses issues of land use, transportation and economic development along the Route 6 Corridor. Copies of the 2005 POCD, key portions of the Route 6 Corridor Study and the Town of Andover’s zoning and subdivision regulations can be obtained by contacting Kathy Lunta, Town of Andover Building Department at 860-742-4036 x3 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Scope of Services
The anticipated initial Scope of Services may include:
1. Provide assistance with routine drafting, document organization, the formulation of draft plan strategies and recommendations for the management of community growth and future land uses consistent with the defined requirements of Section 8-23 of the Connecticut General Statutes, Plans of Conservation and Development, including the consideration of state and region plans of conservation and development.
2. Review of the current zoning regulations and formulate recommendations for revisions to implement plan strategies.
3. Provide mapping and associated data for any mapping necessary for planning exercises at public workshops, or incorporation into the POCD.
4. Facilitate and attend a minimum of three public workshops to solicit and gather information data, present planning data, observations, findings and recommendations.
5. Final document review and preparation.
The Town of Andover reserves the right to modify or expand the Scope of Services in a manner that best services the interest of the Town.
Respondents may also separately offer alternate proposals or additional services.
Format for Submitting Statements of Qualification:
Interested consultants who wish to be considered for this work shall provide 10 copies of the following information to John Valente, Zoning Agent. The information shall be delivered to the Town of Andover, 17 School Road, Andover, CT 06232 no later than 2 pm on February 14, 2014. An electronic version of the proposal response on CD shall accompany the submission. The submission should include:
a. Letter of Introduction;
b. Firm’s Information Package;
c. An outline and description of the firm’s understanding of the Project and proposed approach necessary to meet requirements of the Scope of Services;
d. Detailed fee proposals identified by task as presented in the Scope of Services;
e. Resumes of personnel who will work on the Project;
f. Recommendations for the management of the Project;
g. References for on-going and recently completed municipal planning projects (including contact person and phone number);
h. Qualifications of the firm;
i. Any additional information that will assist in evaluating the qualifications of the consultant; and
j. Estimated time for completion of initial scope of services.
Interested consultants may submit responses for portions of this request for proposals or alternate proposals. Separate fees shall be provided for alternate proposals and any scope of work not include as part of this request. Alternate proposals must provide a clear description of tasks to be completed of tasks to be completed, a detailed approach in how such tasks will be completed, in addition to proposed deliverables.
This Request for Proposal does not commit the Town to award a contract, to pay any costs incurred in the preparation of a response to this request, or to procure or contract for services or supplies.
The following criteria will be used in evaluating qualification statements:
• Detailed fee proposals identified by task as presented in the Scope of Services.
• Previous experience in the service required and overall qualifications of the consultant, including the relevant experience and qualifications of key personnel to be assigned to the project.
• Presentation quality and readability of previously prepared town plans.
• Ability to approach the development of the Plan and facilitation of public input in an innovative way.
• Ability to perform the work in a timely manner.
• Reasonable proximity to the town to avoid undue travel costs.
Minority and Woman Business enterprises are encouraged to consider submitting qualifications for consideration. The Town of Andover is an Affirmative Action-Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Town of Andover is issuing this request for proposals for the purpose of determining the benefits of consultants to provide the services described in the Scope of Services and reserves the right to reject any or all responses and to amend this Scope of Services in the process of selecting a Consultant. The Town of Andover reserves the right to enter into a contracted service agreement with more than one consultant, to divide up services, and to include portions thereof, within any such service agreement as may be required to meet its specialized needs.
The Town of Andover reserves the right to accept or reject any and all proposals in whole or in part that it deems to be in the best interest of the Town.
Any questions regarding the submission of the RFP response should be addressed to John Valente, Zoning Enforcement Agent, 860-742-4036 x316 or email@example.com.