Request for Qualifications
Municipal Planning Services
City of Ashland
Submittal Deadline: 09/03/2014
The City of Ashland, Missouri is seeking qualifications from qualified planning professionals to assist the City in providing a wide range of short and long-term planning services to promote the orderly development, redevelopment and use of land within the community while being responsible for the detailed oversight of the City's zoning and subdivision ordinances.
The scope of services includes, but is not limited to, the following:
1. Research and recommend policies and provide data and reports relating to land use planning, zoning, demographics/socio economic data, economic development, and other high level research and policy development as may be required.
2. Oversee and review current planning, zoning and development duties, including but not limited to site plans, requests for conformity with the zoning and subdivision ordinances, research and analysis of the transportation plan within the City’s existing Comprehensive Plan (2009).
3. Serve as primary liaison to the Planning and Zoning Commission and issue relevant reports to the Board of Adjustment
4. Prepare and present various ordinance amendments for adoption by City Board of Aldermen.
5. Assess existing infrastructure and prepare reports including recommendations for recommended improvements.
6. Assist the City to identify strategies toward realization of the proposed Ashland Business District as far as streetscapes and storm water management concern the downtown area
7. Develop Ashland Business District Design Guidelines defining standards for the district. This may include identification of general architectural elements for buildings, storefronts, and specify requirements for decorative infrastructure and streetscape features.
The qualifications received will be reviewed and evaluated by the City Administrator, the Mayor, a member of the Board of Alderman and the a liaison from the Planning and Zoning Commission. Consultant selection will be by Qualifications Based Selection procedures, on the basis of:
a. Experience and background with respect to growth and transportation planning as well as redevelopment strategies and municipal planning and zoning issues.
b. AICP certification or APA affiliation
c. Familiarity with the location and community
d. Past experience with similar type of projects and project references.
e. Willingness to conduct public meetings with members of City staff and appropriate committees as needed, related to execution of the scope services.
f. Willingness to be open and responsive to the needs of the community as the client and tailor their services accordingly.
g. Cost of services provided. Please provide an hourly rate for services
The deadline to submit qualifications is 5pm Wednesday, September 3rd, 2014. Firms should submit 5 hard copies of qualifications to:
City of Ashland
Attention: City Administrator
109 E. Broadway
Ashland, MO 65010
For additional information contact City Administrator Josh M Hawkins, 573-657-2091 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org