Request for Proposals
Submittal Deadline: 11/16/2012
The Suquamish Tribe has received a grant from the U.S. Department of Justice, Coordinated Tribal Assistance Solicitation, Comprehensive Planning Demonstration Grants Program to create a strategic plan involving the Suquamish Police Department, Suquamish Tribal Courts and Suquamish Wellness Center.
The goals of the strategic plan include:
• Plan for standardized sentencing guidelines to help end the “revolving door: of the system including changes involving the Tribal Law and Order Act
• Plan for treatment facility guidelines for clients who need treatment
• Plan for increased access to criminal histories for jurisdictions outside of the Tribe and reporting of domestic violence and DUI charges that happen within Tribal jurisdictions to neighboring and State jurisdictions
• Facilitation of strategic planning sessions with the Strategic Plan Advisory Board which includes the Director of Public Safety, the Director of Wellness and Director of the Courts along with a representative from Administration, the Tribal Prosecutor’s office, an elder and a youth.
• Semi-annual progress reports on the process and meeting the goals outlined above and collection of data as stated in the grant narrative including: # of strategic planning sessions, # of goals and objectives, # of community meetings for presenting strategic plan and development of strategic plan
• Community meetings for presentation of strategic plan
• A written strategic plan addressing the goals above