Request for Proposals
Park & Recreation Master Plan
Youngstown Park Department
Submittal Deadline: 12/14/2012
The Master Plan will provide a vision, roadmap for implementation and financial plan to develop an excellent city park system that meets the needs of the city’s current and future conditions.
The scope of services to complete this project includes the following:
1. Kick-off Meeting
2. Focus Group Interviews
3. Needs Analysis Survey
4. Recreation Program Assessment
5. Park Classifications and Facility Standards
6. Prioritized Facility and Program Needs Assessment
7. Capital Improvement Plan
8. Operational and Maintenance Review
9. Financial Analysis
10. Funding and Revenue Strategies
11. Implementation Plan Development
12. Draft Report, City Briefings, and final Master Plan Preparation
13. Presentation of plan to Park and Recreation Commission, department staff, elected officials, and other key stakeholders
14. Ten (10) copies of the final report and associated support material will be delivered to the City along with the associated electronic files.
Note: There are additional components of this process that will be carried out by the City of Youngstown and its partners including the Youngstown State University Center for Urban and Regional Studies and the Youngstown Neighborhood Development Corporation. These components include assistance with the public engagement process, analysis of demographics, existing park conditions, park access and other key data and information analyses key to informing the plan.
Additionally, the process will be informed by a recently completed citywide operational efficiency assessment and financial plan that includes specific recommendations for the Park Department. Some of these recommendations require further exploration and analysis as part of the Master Plan process.
III. INSTRUCTIONS FOR RESPONDING TO THE REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL
An original and five copies of the proposal must be submitted by 4:00 PM, Friday, December 14, 2012 to:
Robert Burke, Director
Youngstown Park Department
26 S. Phelps St.
Youngstown, OH 44503
No additional information will be made available to telephone inquiries. All inquiries for this request must be in writing and will be responded to in writing:
Proposals must include the following:
A. Letter of interest
B. Information on the consulting firm:
1. Name, address, and contact name
2. Background and history of the firm
3. Profiles on the principal and staff members of the firm
4. Key personnel to be assigned to the study with the approximate number of hours/costs to be committed by task
5. Resumes of any additional consultants to be used on the team
C. Description of the proposed scope of work which demonstrates the firm’s understanding of the project’s objective (no more than 10 pages).
D. Evidence of the firm’s ability to execute the project in the professional and timely manner. Suggest timetable for completion and indication of current workload.
E. Evidence of successfully completing similar strategies in cities with declining populations in the Great Lakes and Midwest region.
F. Three (3) references from clients for which you have performed similar projects.
G. A budget and timeline for consultant services.
One original and five copies of the proposal marked “Proposal in Response to RFP, City of Youngstown Park and Recreation Master Plan” shall be submitted by 4:00 PM (Eastern Standard Time), Friday, December 14, 2012.
Upon the completion of the review and evaluation of all proposals submitted in response to this RFP, all proposals shall become public documents.