Request for Qualifications
Sign Ordinance Rewrite
Village of Mundelein
Submittal Deadline: 01/25/2013
The Village of Mundelein seeks a consultant to evaluate and rewrite the Village Sign Ordinance to reflect today’s patterns of development and the overall vision of the community. It is anticipated that the consultant will engage the public, Village Officials, and Village Staff to develop new sign regulations. The Village’s objectives are to develop a Sign Ordinance that:
1. Takes into account modern devices for marketing community businesses, organizations, activities, and neighborhoods;
2. Simplifies interpretation of regulations;
3. Provides a fair and consistent process for review and display of signs;
4. Enhances the aesthetics of the community; and
5. Creates regulations that correlate to new zoning districts and uses created within the Zoning Ordinance.
The full RFQ can be viewed from the attached document or on the Village of Mundelein website, www.mundelein.org, under Bids/Proposals.
Two (2) hard copies of the qualifications, and one (1) electronic copy in PDF format on CD or flash drive, in accordance with this RFQ, marked “Sign Ordinance Rewrite” shall be submitted by January 25, 2013, to:
Amanda Orenchuk, Planner, Planning & Development Division, Village of Mundelein, 440 East Hawley Street, Mundelein, Illinois 60060. Phone: (847) 949-3252. Email: email@example.com.