Environment, Natural Resources and Energy Division Newsletter Article Competition
Deadline: February 16, 2015
The Environment, Natural Resources, and Energy (ENRE) Division of APA is hosting a newsletter article competition open to all planning students and young professionals in APA's Early Career Program. Three articles will be selected for publication in the Division's newsletter. Best of all, the authors of the winning articles will each receive free Division membership for a year and one entry will be reimbursed for the 2015 APA National Conference registration.
Students or young professionals current enrolled in any of the following programs are invited to participate in this competition:
- Third or fourth year undergraduate students in a planning program
- Graduate or PhD students in a planning program
- APA's Early Career Program
Division membership is encouraged but not required for applicants.
Article submissions must meet the following requirements to be considered:
- Should cover a topic related to the Division's mission (i.e. protection, management, or conservation of the environment, natural resources, or energy); could be a case-study, success story or research work
- Maximum length of 1000 words or two pages including images/graphics
- Only one entry is allowed per person
The top three articles will be selected as winners for inclusion in the Division's newsletter. The article receiving the first place will be featured on the front page of the newsletter. The author will be reimbursed a maximum of $125 for registration* at the 2015 National Conference and also receive 1 year of free membership to the ENRE Division (*Proof of registration is necessary for reimbursement).
The second and third place winners will receive 1 year of free membership to the ENRE Division.
How to Enter
Please submit your application materials via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 16, 2015. The submission should include the author's name and postal address in the body of the e-mail, with the article attached in a word document. High resolution jpegs of any images/graphics in the article should be included as attachments.