The International Division is always looking for enthusiastic volunteers to help with our programs. Volunteering with the division is a great way to work with other planners from around the world, give back to the profession, and develop your leadership skills and professional network.
We currently have the following positions open:
- Participate in 1-hour monthly meetings, prepare, and share meeting notes (2-3 hrs/month)
- Review and verify monthly financial summaries provided by APA HQ; respond to check requests and process incoming funds (estimated 2-3 hrs/month)
- Lend your voice and enthusiasm to the Executive Committee's activities
- Gain enhanced networking opportunities in the international planning sector
- Join a team that's excited about promoting international planning learning, networking and professional development!
World Town Planning Day Online Conference Liaison
The WTPD Online Conference Liaison serves on the WTPD Online Conference organizing committee on behalf of the International Division. This is an important and rewarding position that will give you the opportunity to collaborate with planning professionals from around the world. You must have a degree of time flexibility in order to accommodate meetings that are scheduled for attendees from around the world. It is possible for the meetings to be very early in the morning or late at night. The committee convenes every year around February or March and run until mid-November. The workload starts off light and increases as the conference date approaches. This position presents a tremendous opportunity to be involved in a major division initiative and to get to know many international planners and projects.
If you are interested in filling any of these positions or have any questions about volunteering with the International Division, please contact Division Chair Tim Van Epp at firstname.lastname@example.org.