National Planning Conference
The American Planning Association is preparing for an insightful 2014 conference in Atlanta, and as a division member you can help!
Updated Instructions For Submitting By-Right Proposals
Latinos and Planning members: Submission instructions have changed for a by-right proposals for the 2014 National Conference in Atlanta.
All submissions are now required to be sent through APA's website portal.
Submission deadline extended to July 31, 2013
Each APA Division is granted one "by-right" session. This means that a session proposed through the Division will be compared against fewer proposals than in the much larger, open process. And if your proposal does not get selected in this round, it will automatically go into the larger pool for consideration by APA.
Here are the details:
- All proposals must be submitted through the APA website. Begin your proposal at www.planning.org/conference/proposals.htm, then scroll down to "Division Sessions." Be sure to select "Latinos and Planning Division" from the drop-down menu.
- DEADLINE for submitting proposals through the Division is July 31, 2013.
- All topics are welcome, however, APA is especially interested in topics pertaining to immigration/migration and effects on underserved diverse communities. See the description of the track "Immigration and Changing American Communities" at www.planning.org/conference/program/tracks.htm.
- Note: Only APA members will be able to submit proposals. Non-members wishing to submit should team up with members to submit a proposal.
- The 2014 National Planning Conference is in Atlanta on April 26-30, 2014.
Send an e-mail to Larry or Joel with the name of your by-right proposal to let us know you submitted it through the portal. This is for tracking purposes and just in case it gets lost in cyberspace.