Private Practice Division Elections
The next elections for the APA Private Practice Division will be held in Summer 2017. We will have three positions, each with a two-year term up for election:
- Vice Chair
Please see descriptions of the officer positions below. Please feel free to contact us for more information.
Descriptions of Officer Positions
The Chair shall:
- Act as the presiding officer of the Division;
- Preside over all Division meetings;
- Prepare or oversee preparation of an Annual Performance Plan, Work Plan, and Budget for approval by the Executive Committee;
- Serve on the Divisions Council of the Association;
- Appoint committees and others necessary to carry out the annual work program; and
- Make other delegations and decisions necessary to carry out the Mission and Purpose of the Division; and
- Be responsible for Division compliance with requirements in the APA corporate by-laws, current Division Performance Criteria and Division Council Policies and Procedures.
The Vice-Chair shall:
- Assist the Chair as directed including, but not limited to, manage committee activities, assist with special projects, assist with the creation of the Annual Performance Plan and Work Plan and planning efforts associated with the annual business meeting or the APA Annual Conference; and
- In the absence or resignation of the Chair, the Vice-Chair shall assume the duties of the Chair, and other duties as assigned by the chair. The Vice Chair shall assume the duties of Chair until the term of the vacated Chair is complete.
The Secretary-Treasurer shall:
- Prepare minutes of the Division's annual business meeting and all Executive Committee meetings;
- Submit proposed Bylaw amendments to the membership;
- Fulfill all recordkeeping and reporting requirements as stipulated by APA National;
- Be responsible for ongoing communication to members [if desired, other leadership may be responsible for this task, as designated by the Chair]
- Manage Division funds in accordance with the Division budget;
- Assist the Chair in preparing the Budget to be approved by the Executive Committee and submitted with the Annual Performance Plan and Work Plan;
- Prepare an annual financial report to be presented to the Executive Committee as well as the Division's members at the annual meeting.