Transportation Planning Division Newsletter
The division publishes a newsletter each quarter, covering a variety of transportation related features, news and information, with a circulation of approximately 1,700. Member and non-member submissions are strongly encouraged.
Read past issues of TPD News
Guidelines to Authors of Newsletter Articles
We are always looking for well-written, interesting articles that will appeal to our readership — transportation planners. Below are guidelines for TPD newsletter articles.
- We publish many types of articles, including
- Case studies
- Articles highlighting a particular transportation mode
- Articles on transportation policy or funding
- Innovative ideas or approaches
- Opinion articles
- In general, articles should fall within the range of 500-1500 words, but we can be flexible.
- A picture (or other illustration) is worth a thousand words. Please provide captions for all photos and graphics.
- Please avoid using your article as a means of actively marketing your firm. We want to highlight the great work being done in the field, but we want to remain credible to our readership.
Thank you for your interest! We look forward to reading your article.