Innovative Mobile Planning Apps Challenge
Sunday, April 3, 2016
2:30 p.m. - 3:45 p.m. CDT
CM | 1.25Add to My Log
Emerging professionals will present their ideas for web-based and mobile apps. A panel of technology experts and planning practitioners will evaluate the proposals and presentations, ask questions, and select a winner. The audience will also have an opportunity to vote for the popular choice award. The winner will receive a cash award for development of the app.
Criteria to evaluate the winning proposal include:
- Originality: An original web tool or mobile application that advances the planning profession; does not duplicate existing apps or apps under development.
- Implementation: The application's ability to be successfully deployed in a planning process with available consumer grade mobile technology (i.e. mobile phones/tablets with camera, GPS/location services, Internet connectivity).
- Functionality and Use: Ease of use by the public and/or planners; addresses a clearly defined need; value in participatory planning processes; usefulness as a tool for planning analysis.
- Quality of Presentation: Overall presentation of the proposal.
This fast paced session will engage the audience and highlight new ideas from emerging professionals.
You’ll learn about:
- Innovative web and mobile application ideas for the planning profession
- Engaging emerging professionals in developing applications
- How to critically evaluate the effectiveness and feasibility of technology applications
James Castaneda, AICP
Kathleen McMahon, AICP