Mobile Tour - Mankato Transit System: Successful Partnerships = Successful Transit
Thursday, September 28, 2017
3 p.m. - 5 p.m. CDT
CM | 2Add to My Log
The Mankato Transit System has seen an increase of over 100% in ridership since 2011. Ride the bus with us to visit Mankato State University to hear about the creation of the Green Transportation bus fee and its successful partnership with Mankato Transit. We will then tour the new state of the art Mankato Transit facility and hear the steps taken to construct the facility including partnerships between the City of Mankato, Federal Transit Administration and MnDOT Office of Transit.
Participants of this tour will learn about the multiple, and changing, conditions that influence day to day management along with successfully meeting expanding demand. Attendees will learn about:
1. The advantages of partnering with a university to help fund and expand transit service.
2. The federal and state funding process, grant management and best practices for facility design/construction.
3. Local and regional transit system integration.
Learning Objectives include:
1. Understand transit funding strategies for operations, capital and technical expertise.
2. How to identify partnerships and funding sources.
3. Understand who, and what, is involved in pre-design through construction of a transit facility.
Jo Ann Olsen,None
Jane Kansier, firstname.lastname@example.org