Thursday, October 5, 2017
8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. MDT
CM | 6.50
L | 1.50
Topics include water law, an explanation of water-related agencies and organizations, the Colorado Water Plan and implementation, as well as discussion about timely and important water topics and issues. The 201 Session will provide more in-depth information on water law to include compacts and the water court process.
The Seminar features speakers, including the keynote—Colorado Supreme Court Justice Gregory Hobbs (retired), as well as representatives from federal, state, and local agencies.
1. An understanding of water history & law
2. Administration of water rights, issues water well permits, Colorado interstate water compact proceedings, issues licenses for well drillers and construction of water wells, administration issues.
3. Gain a better understanding or Colorado’s Water Plan Implementation
4. Basis of a Water Right; Conservation versus Efficiency; Use It or Lose It Through Abandonment; Change of Water Right
5. Learn about Colorado River Compacts
The Workshop is designed to provide an understanding of water and related issues in the area. Topics include Colorado water: history, law; administration, regulation, and development. Also included will be an interactive panel on local water management and use issues. We will talk about the concepts of Prior Appropriation, Water Administration and Water Rights.
Shelia Booth, email@example.com