The FAA Aviation Environmental Design Tool; Release 2b Training
Tuesday, April 26, 2016
1 p.m. - 2 p.m. EDT
CM | 1Add to My Log
The Aviation Environmental Design Tool is a software system that dynamically models aircraft performance in space and time to produce fuel burn, emissions and noise. Full flight gate-to-gate analyses are possible for study sizes ranging from a single flight at an airport to scenarios at the regional, national, and global levels. AEDT is currently used by the U.S. government to consider the interdependencies between aircraft-related fuel burn, noise and emissions.
A new version of the tool, the 2b Service Pack 2, was recently released. This webinar will provide an overview of AEDT 2b, with a focus on transitioning from legacy tools. Additionally, the webinar will provide a summary of differences between AEDT 2b and INM/EDMA, an understanding of computational and training requirements for new and experienced users, and discussion of available online resources.
Following completion of this webinar, participants should be able to:
· Provide a high-level overview of the tool to colleagues and clients
· Develop a transition plan from legacy tools to new model
· Determine whether more in-depth training is required
· Know where to look for additional information (i.e, understand resources)
· Planning and NEPA practitioners/Project Managers who need to have a high level understanding of new model in order to respond to clients and prepare proposals.
· Noise and Emissions modelers who have not been involved in development of AEDT (i.e., not on development team or Design Review Group).