Surveys, Plats, Historical Records and Title Insurance
Monday, April 24, 2017
1:24 p.m. - 1:24 p.m. CDT
Kansas City, MO, United States
CM | 6
L | 1.50
Identify and Fix Discrepancies That Arise During Real Estate Transactions
Inaccurate descriptions, inconsistent and conflicting surveys, confusing historical records and unrecorded easements can pop up at any time during real estate transactions, are you prepared? In this intermediate-level course, you'll gain real-world insight from veteran surveyors and attorneys who have worked in the field, have hands-on experience and know what challenges you'll face. Filled with examples and sample documents, faculty will teach you how to review, analyze and interpret surveys, maps, records and descriptions in plain English. Gain the technical skills you need to catch errors and handle them before they spiral out of control - register today!
- Gain insight from surveyors on how to reconstruct events from a century ago.
- Dig deep into the ALTA/ACSM land title survey standards and compliance.
- Learn how to prove/disprove non-recorded easements.
- Find out what surveyors do to compensate/adjust missing markers and references that don't match.
- Confidently cross-read the survey and title commitment.
- Analyze perimeter, strip, area, township and range legal descriptions and learn to plat complex tracts of land in metes and bounds to avoid future disputes.
- Identify challenges with zoning, restrictions and encroachments on a survey; how they affect the title; and what you can do to fix the problem.
- Gain practical tips for addressing conditions, covenants and restrictions when drafting deeds.
Elizabeth Zenner, email@example.com