Principles to Which We Aspire: Social Justice & Public Health
Wednesday, August 30, 2017
8:30 a.m. - 11 a.m. EDT
Philadelphia, PA, United States
CM | 2
E | 1.50
Planners have a unique charge to make policy decisions with the welfare of citizens in mind. The "Principles to which we Aspire" section of the ethics code sets the standard for how planners to work toward a more just future. This lecture will cover how three planners have worked to:
● Seek social justice by working to expand choice and opportunity for all persons
● Recognize a special responsibility to plan for the needs of the disadvantaged and to promote racial and economic integration and urge the alteration of policies, institutions, and decisions that oppose such needs.
● Provide citizens the opportunity to have a meaningful impact on the development of plans and programs that may affect them.
● Consider and incorporated the long-range consequences of present actions.
● Articulate the interrelatedness of decisions.
Susan Shermer, email@example.com