IAP2 Planning for Effective Public Participation Course - Module One
Monday, December 9, 2019, 8:30 a.m.
Wednesday, December 11, 2019, 4:30 p.m. EST
West Plam Beach, FL, United States
CM | 18You cannot log or evaluate future events.
International Association for Public Participation Foundations Program
Public involvement and community engagement are constantly changing. The International Association for Public Participation (IAP2)’s highly respected training program has evolved with ongoing changes in demographics, people’s attitudes and expectations, and public policy.
Both new and experienced practitioners and managers of community engagement will benefit from the structure, proven techniques, and knowledge that you’ll learn in this highly interactive training course.
This course, Foundations in Public Participation, will let you hit the ground running, armed with the knowledge and confidence you need to plan and execute effective public initiatives with community engagement for any area in which you may be working. The course is divided into two modules, each focusing on one of the two major phases of public communication and participation: Planning and Techniques. Upon completion of both modules, you will receive a certificate of completion from IAP2.
Designed by successful practitioners who work with diverse populations and divergent circumstances throughout the world, this comprehensive new program is grounded in what you, your peers, and your mentors have told us about your training needs. IAP2’s Foundations Program includes two modules:
· Planning for Effective Public Participation (three days)
· Techniques for Effective Public Participation (two days)
Planning for Effective Public Participation (Module One)
A major reason that initiatives fail to reach their goals is inadequate planning and preparation. This module provides you with a proven structure that will greatly increase your odds of a successful project. This hands-on course gives you the opportunity to delve into your own challenges with public project planning and communication as you learn and review the essential elements of effective public participation.
In this module, we will cover:
· Evaluating the scope of a decision and identifying the processes needed.
· Identifying the decision steps, including timing and needed resources.
· Establishing roles and responsibilities of the primary parties.
· Developing a comprehensive, decision impact analysis to identify the stakeholder community, their concerns, and hopes for optimal community engagement.
· Selecting the appropriate level of public participation.
· Setting clear and achievable objectives.
· Developing a detailed public participation plan.
· Planning for public communications initiatives that support the process.
· Identifying appropriate evaluation tools to measure the effectiveness of the initiative.
Presentations, facilitated discussions, case studies, and small group exercises provide an interactive learning experience. Students receive a 165-page manual that will prove useful for years to come.
Doug Sarno, firstname.lastname@example.org