APA Professional Study Tour to London
Sunday, June 15–Friday, June 20, 2014
CM | 32
See the first great city of the modern world from a planner's point of view during APA's London Study Tour.
You'll discover the challenges and complexity, trials and triumphs of planning for a global city. Go on behind-the-scenes tours and share ideas with colleagues in practice stateside and worldwide. You'll take home information and inspiration that will change the way you think about planning communities — including yours.
Join APA in London and learn about:
- Creating new spaces in old places
- Tackling large-scale urban regeneration
- Taking the lead in integrated transportation systems
- Balancing public and private realms in an urban center
- Preparing for Olympic Games — and what comes after
- Managing water resources, from the banks of the Thames
- Planning for resilience in a densely populated metropolitan area
Come early for London's annual Open Garden Squares Weekend, June 14–15, when 214 community gardens and private squares citywide welcome visitors from around the world. And stay through June 24 for the Royal Town Planning Institute's 2014 Planning Convention, a highlight of RTPI's centenary year.
Local planning is a global issue. What you learn in London will make a world of difference in your community.
|March 4, 2014||Student application period opens|
|March 27, 2014||Registration closes|
|March 31, 2014||Registration confirmations sent|
|April 16, 2014||Student application period closes|
|May 6, 2014||Balance of tour cost due|
|June 15, 2014||Study tour begins in London (p.m.)|
|June 20, 2014||Study tour concludes at noon|