APA Professional Study Tour to London — SOLD OUT!
Sunday, June 15—Friday, June 20, 2014
CM | 32
APA's Professional Study Tour to London is presently sold out. To sign up for the tour waitlist, contact Jennifer Graeff.
Registration and Costs
|National Building Museum Members||$2,995|
|Royal Town Planning Institute Members||$2,995|
|Canadian Institute of Planning Members||$2,995|
|Planning Institute of Australia Members||$2,995|
|American Institute of Architects Members||$2,995|
|American Society of Landscape Architects Members||$2,995|
Tour costs include:
- Three- to four-star hotel accommodations in London
- Most group meals and beverages
- Transportation during tour-related events
- In-country bus, rail, and excursion fees for sites on the tour
- Admission or entrance fees for activities on the itinerary
- Gratuities for tour operators
Tour participants are responsible for all costs not listed above, such as:
- Travel to London, including airfare
- Taxes (e.g., airport facilities, local air departure, port), federal inspection fees, etc.
- Passport fees, photos, and processing
- Insurance (international travel, trip cancellation, medical, emergency medical evacuation, accident, life, luggage, etc.)
- Visits, transportation (including ground transportation to and from airports), and meals not on the itinerary
- Personal expenses (e.g. alcoholic beverages, room service, and laundry charges)
- Internet roaming fees and telephone charges
- Costs incurred by our tour operators to make individual arrangements before, during, or after the program
Tour costs reflect current tariffs and currency values and are based on a minimum number of participants. While APA will do everything possible to maintain the listed prices, they are subject to change. If our tour operators find it necessary to levy a surcharge, APA will notify you at the time of invoicing.
Space on this tour is limited. To secure your spot, register early and await your confirmation e-mail. APA will send confirmations on March 31, 2014. Make your travel plans after you receive your confirmation.
You must e-mail cancellations to email@example.com no later than April 1, 2014, to be eligible for a refund. Cancellations are subject to a processing fee of $500. There will be no refunds for early return. Hotel, meal, transportation, and other costs associated with early return are the responsibility of the participants. All lodging, meals, in-country transportation, entrance fees, and activities in the tour program are scheduled in advance. APA will not issue full or partial refunds to participants who opt out of any portion of the program.
APA's Planning Foundation has funded three $2,500 scholarships for APA student members who wish to participate in the London Study Tour. Scholarship recipients must pay the remaining $495 in registration costs plus all other expenses, including travel to and from London.
To apply for a scholarship, please submit one PDF file including:
• Cover letter
• Two- to four-page narrative describing what you hope to gain from participating in the study tour
• One letter of recommendation (e-mailed letters are acceptable)
To be considered, an application must be sent as one complete PDF file.
Send questions and completed applications to Jennifer Graeff, firstname.lastname@example.org, with "Scholarship" in the subject line.
Applications are due April 16. APA will announce scholarship winners by May 6.