Upper Peninsula Economic Development Initiative
The Upper Peninsula Economic Development Initiative (UPEDI), a privately led initiative, seeks an unusually accomplished, highly motivated Executive Director.
As UPEDI’s Executive Director, you are dynamic in your ability to cultivate strategic and collaborative partnerships, overcome obstacles, and draw new, growth-based businesses to Upper Michigan. You have a deep understanding of Upper Michigan, its economy and opportunities for businesses to begin or relocate to this region. You have a documented track record of growing commercial ventures, are well-connected and can deliver measurable results. You will also be responsible for building and nurturing new revenue channels through new partnerships.
To be successful in this dynamic role, it will be critical for you to influence, build relationships and persistently explore and uncover new partnership opportunities. This newly created position reports to the UPEDI Board of Directors.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR.
- Unique opportunity to create a high impact economic development organization.
- Expand Upper Michigan’s economy through recruitment of new businesses, retention & collaboration.
- Proactively pursue potential businesses through emails, phone calls & face-to-face meetings.
- Negotiate and renegotiate deals, when needed.
- Successfully close deals with business partners.
- Onboard new business to Upper Michigan by pushing along contracts & technical integrations.
- Create marketing content to increase awareness of business opportunities in Upper Michigan.
- Network with local, state, regional, and national organizations to identify and coordinate economic development opportunities.
- Establish & maintain cooperative/effective working relationships within the business community, governmental agencies, other economic development organizations & our citizens.
- Present to community groups and private enterprise, as required.
- Collaborate with our Board to meet strategic goals.
COMPENSATION/BENEFITS. $90,000 – $120,000 annually, based on the knowledge and experience you bring, in addition to a comprehensive benefit package.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE IDEAL EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in business, finance, marketing or related field, preferred.
- At least 5 years’ experience in economic/business development with a documented track record of success.
- Proven experience owning the entire business development cycle: sourcing, pitching, negotiating, closing, and on-boarding.
- Ability to structure proposals, term sheets, drive contract negotiations and build joint business plans with partners.
- Proven ability to open doors, network, and forge relationships.
- Excellent listening, communication, presentation, problem solving, and time management skills with a record of sound business logic.
- Willingness and ability to travel.
- Willingness and ability to relocate to Marquette, Michigan.
APPLY ONLINE AT upedi.sdsjobs.com
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION. upedi.sdsjobs.com/upedi-press-announcement