City of Venice
Venice, FL United States
- Reviews requests and makes recommendations for property development including rezoning, special exceptions, site plans, comprehensive plan amendments, variances, and subdivision plats.
- Coordinates various development service programs including Local Business Tax Receipts, Open Air Cafe and Merchandise Display permits to ensure compliance with applicable regulations and requirements.
- Responds to public requests for information regarding municipal development or planning and zoning issues.
- Makes recommendations and presentations to various boards and public groups.
- Prepares reviews and implements the City's comprehensive plan and land development codes and regulations.
- Researches, collects, analyzes, and summarizes data for reports as assigned.
- Performs field surveys of property to inventory existing use and conditions.
- Responsible for staying current with all governing regulations and compliance.
In addition to performing all Planner functions, the Senior Planner assists the Community Development Director in overseeing requests and implementing recommendations for property development, including comprehensive plan amendments, rezoning, special exceptions, site plans, conditional use, zoning appeals and subdivision plats.
Minimum Education and Training:
A Bachelor's Degree in Public Planning, Urban Planning, Environmental Planning or a closely related field. Eight (8) years experience in municipal planning with an emphasis on Comprehensive Plan, Evaluation and Appraisal Report and land development regulations. American Institute of Certified Planner (AICP) certification preferred.
For a full description of the position, and to apply, please visit the City of Venice website at www.venicegov.com. The City of Venice offers a competitive salary and benefits package including participation in the Florida Retirement System.