St. Louis, MO United States
Lochmueller Group is seeking a passionate and inquisitive entry-level Planner to share in our goal of helping our clients reinvent their future. At Lochmueller Group, our employees work together to positively impact clients and communities through exceptional service. This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing area of the firm that's focused on planning and transportation. The successful candidate will perform complex professional work in a variety of assignments, which may include the following:
- Performing transportation planning studies focused on transit-oriented development, pedestrian and bicycle mobility, corridor planning, Downtown planning, traffic calming, etc.
- Participating in multi-disciplinary teams involved in comprehensive planning, economic strategic planning, community visioning, sustainability, etc.
- Collecting a variety of statistical data and preparing reports, maps, and infographics on topics, such as census information, land use, transportation, and economic indicators.
- Adapting solutions to projects of varying scale (including corridor, neighborhood, municipal, and regional).
The position will be based in our St. Louis office and will work both independently and in a team environment across multiple divisions/offices with daily direct supervision. Successful candidates will thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and must adapt to change through continuous learning while empowering others through shared knowledge. Written and oral communication to various audiences including City Council, boards, commissions, and the general public will be required.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Urban Planning, Transportation Planning, Landscape Architecture, Geography, or other related field plus at least one year of experience; or
- A Master's Degree in Urban Planning or a related field can be substituted for one year of experience;
- Familiarity with Geographic Information Systems (GIS) software and principals of land use, transportation/transit planning, and/or economic development planning;
- Strong written, oral, and visual communication skills; and
- Expertise with Microsoft Office software including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
Preference will be given to candidates that have the following:
- Experience using the Adobe Creative Suite software (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.);
- Transportation modeling experience using TransCAD, Cube, VISSIM, Synchro, or similar;
- Land use modeling experience using CommunityViz or similar software;
- Ability to work on a variety of tasks while being extremely organized and detail-oriented;
- Desire to seek out, foster and implement change;
- Desire to build collaborative groups both internal and external to the organization;
- Ability to learn and adapt in an agile environment;
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills with a customer service focus;
- American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP) or other related professional certifications.