MPO Transportation Planner (Pedestrian & Bicycle 2658)
City of Greensboro
Greensboro, NC United States
Active Full-Time -$43,634.00 - $58,170.00 Annually
Category: Transportation / Transit
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday (8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.)
Primary Duties/Brief Description of Work
This transportation planner position supports the Greensboro Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) and GDOT work programs with a focus on pedestrian and bicycle planning work. Key objectives are conducting pedestrian and bicycle planning and implementation tasks, fulfilling primary MPO administration duties, and supporting the development of MPO plans and programs. Duties include pedestrian, bicycle, and Greenway planning and project development; pedestrian and bicycle safety; MPO administration; MPO plan and program development; GIS and data analysis; Transportation Improvement. Program and...
- Experience with bicycle and pedestrian planning.
- Knowledge of the MPO planning process.
- Experience with GIS and working knowledge of ArcGIS.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Demonstrated ability to work on several projects simultaneously and in a team environment.
- Ability to organize and manage projects to completion, including team projects.
- Ability to research, compile, and present information to technical & policy boards and general audiences
- Strong research, writing, and public speaking skills
- Experience with creating and maintaining geodatabases
- Experience with web development software tools
- Experience using GPS to conduct a field survey
- Experience with graphic design, video editing, and photography software tools
- Knowledge of transit planning
- Knowledge of federal highway funding programs and processes
- Knowledge of USDOT Statewide and Metropolitan Planning regulations
Bachelor's degree with 4-6 related experience or Master's degree in related field with 2 years experience
Posted today | Closes in 4 weeks