Transportation & Mobility Innovations Manager
City of Sugar Land
Sugar Land, TX United States
At the City of Sugar Land, we are looking for people driven by a desire to contribute, possess a willingness to be challenged, and are committed to public service. Our champion employees are a driving factor for making Sugar Land "One of America's Best". The Engineering Department has an opening for a Transportation & Mobility Innovation Manager.
The Transportation & Mobility Innovation Manager is responsible for the development and administration of a comprehensive and regionally coordinated transportation plan for the Sugar Land community. This position will coordinate several City departments to strategically implement the programs related to City Council's transportation and mobility policy goals. This includes proactive long-range plans and the oversight of ongoing studies, master plans, and projects. This position will act as the City's representative to external agencies and adjacent jurisdictions on all transportation and mobility policy issues. This position ensures the City of Sugar Land is an active community partner and engages in a regionally coordinated intergovernmental effort that maximizes the ability of both the City and external agencies to develop a world-class, cost-effective, integrated multi-modal transportation system. This position has supervisory responsibilities.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
- Leads the collaboration of diverse project teams to enhance the City's long range mobility and transportation plan through collaboration with Engineering, Planning, Public Works and outside partners and consulting professionals.
- Monitors mobility best practices, emerging trends, technologies and innovations in parking management. Proactively researches the feasibility of replacing traditional transit parking capacity with new mobility partnerships and initiatives.
- Lead policy and planning initiatives for the development, and implementation of the Comprehensive Mobility Plan by cultivating technical partnerships with agencies and other jurisdictions. Ensure that the Mobility master plan is accurate and within compliance while providing annual reports with set Performance Measures.
- Advances and leads the Transportation Demand Management model, strategies and partnerships. Oversee transportation studies, master plans/updates, and provide leadership towards the development of City policy. Develop and implement an annual transportation and mobility planning work program based on the Comprehensive Mobility Plan, City priorities and system needs.
- Create and apply strategic projects focused on long-range transportation and mobility issues. Provide steady progress toward identified strategic-level, mission-driven goals and targets and report findings to the Leadership Team.
- Applies statistical and planning/design theory, collects data, interprets public policy, and maintains or accesses diverse databases to identify and recommend appropriate transportation planning and development actions by collecting information through local and regional demographics, traffic-related data and census information.
- Review Traffic Impact Analysis submittals for accuracy, completeness, and compliance with mobility master plans, development codes, and engineering design standard; makes recommendations for approval or denial of applications.
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in transportation planning, civil engineering, planning or a related field from an accredited school or university. Master’s Degree is preferred.
- Three years of experience in traffic/transportation planning, engineering, or project management, either in the public or the private sector.
License and/or Certification:
- Valid Class “C” Texas Driver’s License.
- Microsoft Office Products, Python and/or R, and SQL.
- Interactive data visualization, such as Power BI, Data Studio or Tableau.
- Traffic Simulation Software, such as Synchro, Vissim or Aimsun.
Please apply on the City of Sugar Land's Website: http://www.sugarlandtx.gov/885/Job-Opportunities