Development Review Program Manager (Engineering Program Manager)
City of Colorado Springs
Colorado Springs, CO United States
Stormwater and Development Plan Review
In this position, you will develop and implement program goals, objectives, policies, and priorities for the Stormwater Engineering and Engineering Development Review divisions of the Public Works Department.
Essential Job Functions — the basic job duties an employee must be able to perform:
- Manage and lead a diverse group of employees; meet the needs of all customers and stakeholders
- Develop positive relationships with the development community and internal and external clients
- Oversee design plan reviews and approvals for private development; ensure compliance with City requirements
- Ensure consistent and timely plan review and inspection turnaround; implement internal development review consistency checks
- Work with Engineering Development Inspectors on inspection consistencies and procedures, ensure quality assurance is in place to eliminate acceptance of assets in poor condition
- Serve as primary liaison to the HBA (Housing and Building Association) regarding stormwater and development engineering related matters
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and yearly reports on plan review statistics, project delivery, budget status and goals, and other applicable programs
- Provide and encourage professional development opportunities for employees
- Plan, direct, coordinate, and review work plans for assigned staff; assign work activities; review and evaluate work products; provide effective performance feedback to employees; and complete employee performance evaluations
- Leverage technology to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of staff functions
- Lead and oversee budget meetings; maintain and ensure up-to-date budgets for various programs
- Participate in SWENT (Stormwater Enterprise) Advisory Committee meetings and City code updates as needed
- Engage in City/County Drainage Board activities, including presenting reimbursement items, seeking approvals, reconciling drainage basin fees, and recommending fee adjustments
- Assist in the review of development submittals as needed
- Maintain transparent communication; appropriately communicate information through department meetings, one-on-one meetings, and through other appropriate communications
- Delegate effectively, know when to lead or follow, and become the main point of contact for development engineering related matters
We are looking for candidates who demonstrate:
- Basic knowledge of development regulations and criteria
- Knowledge of project management
- Knowledge of financial management
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, orally and in writing
Successful candidate will have:
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in civil engineering, traffic engineering, or a related field
- Five years of civil engineering experience, including two years of lead supervisory responsibility
- Possess and maintain a valid, non-probationary Colorado driver's license not subject to restriction related to alcohol and/or drug violations or pending charges
Ideal candidates will also have:
- Experience with civil engineering and construction related to development
- Experience with the development review process
This job announcement is not intended to include a complete listing of all responsibilities, knowledge, skills, and abilities associated with the position.
Please visit https://coloradosprings.gov/jobs and click on 'Apply for a City Career' > 'City Career Postings – Apply Now' button to complete an online application. All job applicants will need to create a new login and online application (unless you already have a NEOGOV/governmentjobs.com user ID and password).
Completing your application in full, including the entire work experience section, will assist Human Resources (HR) in the applicant screening process. Your application may not be considered if all of the information requested for each employer you list is not provided.
Our NEOGOV application system does not allow you to edit your application after it has been submitted for a position. If you want to make changes, you may submit another application prior to the position's closing date and time listed in the job posting. HR will review the last application you submit for a position.
To view the City's job classifications, including physical demands and descriptions, go to https://www.coloradosprings.gov/human-resources/page/job-classifications-descriptions.
To view the status of your application, go to http://agency.governmentjobs.com/cosprings/default.cfm.
To be notified of future career opportunities, go to http://coloradosprings.gov/jic.
If hired, you will be required to provide proof of your eligibility to work in the United States.
Equal Opportunity Employer